November 24, 2014

White Spaces



One of my favourite things about being a photographer is all of the different people and spaces I get to meet and work with. Each job, whether it be for money or pleasure, is a challenge. I sometimes forget how new I am to all of this (even though sometimes I feel quite seasoned) and how much I actually learn every time I shoot.

This week I went through some of my very old archives to pick our some past client work to share on my website (you can view them here if you would like) and it made me realise how much I have grown in a very short amount of time, but it also reminded me how much I have to learn. I'm constantly criticising my own work which is something that my time at VCA taught me. Even when I reviewed the majority of these images earlier today I was picking out things I need to improve on and things that I need to learn more about!

I'm so excited to share these images with you because I don't often get to work in a studio environment. This studio was quite different to your usual set up. There were no lights for me to work with, so I used a combination of natural lighting and my speedlite. I always prefer natural lighting over artificial, but sometimes playing around with lights can be a lot of fun. It was challenging choosing when to use my flash and when to hold back in favour for the beautiful soft light floating through the large windows! I love working in the city and with extremely talented designers.

I'd love to know what kind of lighting you like working with best! Let me know in the comments below! 

Models: Adrienne Posar, Mia Sannholm & Keely Newton.
Hair & Make up: Elle Coyle-Hehir
Amazing clothing designs by: Tayla Baird

bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. These are some really lovely photos. I love the overall white/angelic theme. I so want to learn how to use studio lighting. I have lots of ideas in my head and sometimes I do not know how to create them. As for your analysis of your own work, self-criticism and self-appreciation are probably the most important features of being a good worker, in my opinion. Know what you're good at, but never rest on your laurels right? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favourite thing about the internet is how easy it is to learn how to use studio lights and other photography techniques! Although, most of what I know I learned in the short four months I spent at art school! Studio shooting is fun but I don't always find it compelling unless the clothes are also interesting!

      Delete
  2. Amazing shots! Love the last one of all three!

    xxChelle
    http://destination22.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment below! I read every single comment that's posted and reply to as many as I can! Your feedback is appreciated :)